Michael Mull Octet

Michael Mull Octet

Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks

A day late yes, but nonetheless sincere. Also, I'll see you all tonight at Rusty's for Orkestar MEZE, I hope! And now a musical thanksgiving list.

I'm thankful for the mysterious existence of music.
I'm thankful for the blessing to enjoy hearing and playing music.
I'm thankful for music that makes me move.
I'm thankful for music that makes me stop everything I'm doing and listen.
I'm thankful for music that burns my heart up.
I'm thankful for music that cradles me in warmth.
I'm thankful for the people I have the pleasure of knowing through music.
I'm thankful for the places music has taken me and will take me.
I'm thankful for the amazing artists of the past who have brought us their music.
I'm thankful for the future generations who will come up with sounds we cannot imagine.
I'm thankful that music will live as long as the human race, and perhaps longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Stay in touch!