Michael Mull Octet

Michael Mull Octet

Monday, September 10, 2012

Brian Havey Trio @ Blue Whale on Wednesday

UPDATE 9/24/12: Brian's album is now available on bandcamp at: http://brianhavey.bandcamp.com/album/absence-of-appropriate-affect

Hi friends, just wanted to do a quick plug for my good friend Brian Havey, pianist and music-maker (quite a Yoshi's Cookie player as well). He is releasing his most recent album, the first with his trio, with a performance at (what should be) everyone's favorite live music spot in LA, the Blue Whale. It's taking place this Wednesday, September 12th at 9pm.

You might not have heard Brian before - but trust me, you want to. Hear something you might be in for on his soundcloud page. Brian and I have played together in some extremely varied settings over the last 7 years or so, and he was a part of a group I led in my CSU Northridge days that I consider to be one of the most influential workshops in my development as a player and composer. His playing has extended far, in many directions, since then.

I hope to see you at Brian's show on Wednesday night, and I'm looking forward to grabbing the new record. You can check the event details on Facebook and below.

Brian Havey Trio @ Blue Whale
Wednesday 9/12/12
9pm, two sets
21+ only

Brian Havey (piano)
with Emilio Terranova (bass) and Martin Diller (drums)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Stay in touch!