Michael Mull Octet

Michael Mull Octet

Monday, March 18, 2013

March Rolls On

What an extreme second week of March last week...full of highs and lows, but I'm sure only to remember the highs in years to come! I was battling a nasty flu all week, but was able to participate in a couple great nights of music.

Orkestar MEZE played a ferociously energetic set of peasant funk on the House of Blues main stage on Thursday night! We were blessed to give out so many free tickets as a gift to our fans, old and new, for their incredible support over the past year. Part of the treat was sweetened with our guest, the ambassador of soul, Ellis Hall, sitting in on our version of Stevie Wonder's "I Wish". I wager that the House of Blues hasn't been that funky in a while!


One day's rest afforded me a little increase in health, so I was ready to join my wife Ami on Saturday for a night of female singer-songwriters at the Tribal Cafe in Echo Park. She performed a diverse set of originals and arrangements to open the night.


Getting excited to keep the ball rolling and bring my Octet to the Blue Whale for a full night on March 28th! A full post with more details to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Stay in touch!