Michael Mull Octet

Michael Mull Octet

Thursday, August 7, 2014

LAJC Summer Fest 8/23-8/24

As the summer burns past in multiple ways, I realize that a highly-anticipated event is coming our way in a matter of weeks. I'm pleased and excited to announce that I will be performing in the Los Angeles Jazz Collective Summer Festival at the Blue Whale. The festival is taking place on Saturday 8/23 and Sunday 8/24, including multiple projects each night. See below for the full lineup (click to enlarge):


As you can see, the Michael Mull Octet will be closing out the festival on Sunday night, 8/24. I am working on a brand new arrangement to debut for this performance. As you can't see, I'm going to also be playing Saturday night, joining the Matt Otto Group for a set of his original music. I have been a huge fan of Matt since I first heard him, not long after I moved to LA, and I am honored to play in his group, which will also include Gary Fukushima, Steve Cotter, Darek Oles and Mark Ferber - what a band! Matt has been living in Kansas City, MO for a while now, so this will be a relatively rare chance to hear him.

Hope to see many of you there at the Whale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Stay in touch!